Schools Energy Efficiency
Saving your school money with no upfront costs
We’ve launched an exciting new scheme that could help your school make a big dent on your energy costs. We’re offering a broad range of energy efficiency measures to you with no upfront costs.
Our Schools Energy Efficiency Scheme will:
- Enable fully funded energy efficiency projects
- Reduce your energy bills
- Improve learning environments
- Lower carbon footprints
If you sign up to our energy scheme we’ll:
- audit your school for potential energy savings
- manage the procurement, works and most of the financial process
Your energy efficiency measures will be paid for using a 0% loan which is then repaid using the cost savings from your reduced energy usage and running costs. Your loan will be paid off in five years or less and once repaid, you’ll have an increased budget to spend on improving school resources.
In addition to saving you money, the scheme will also help promote sustainability across Bristol schools. To support this, we’ll be working with:
- Sustainable Learning – Who will promote wider sustainability issues and encourage more schools to become Eco schools.
- Ashden – A charity who offer a free educational programme for school staff on sustainability.
This is a great opportunity for the leaders of Bristol’s schools, to make meaningful improvements to school buildings whilst protecting budgets for the future and contributing to our goal of becoming a carbon neutral city by 2050.