Our Energy and Environmental Management team specialises in helping Bristol City Council and other public sector bodies to comply with legislation and identify environmental impacts. We have extensive experience in this field, having implemented environmental management systems across a variety of services and organisations.
Our own environmental management system is externally certified to the ISO14001:2015 standard, which we use to:
- Continually improve our environmental performance
- Identify areas of risk and opportunity
- Embed environmental awareness across the entire organisation
- Be prepared to take preventive action against any environmental emergency that may arise and train other organisations to have an appropriate response
For Bristol City Council, we have used environmental targets and monitoring to significantly reduce costs and improve performance, including a 60% reduction in corporate carbon emissions since 2005.
What we can bring to your organisation
We provide consultancy services to external organisations, helping to reduce operational risks, comply with the law, improve environmental performance and save money. We have a team of trained lead auditors to the ISO14001:2015 standard, who are able to tailor services to meet your needs and have practical experience of running environmental management systems and auditing these systems across a wide range of business areas.
Examples of areas we can assist with include:
- Implementing an environmental management system in your organisation
- Environmental auditing to EMAS or ISO14001 standards
- Building a gap analysis
- Creating a baseline review
- Carbon monitoring and calculations
- Reducing energy bills
- Environmental performance reporting
- Compliance with legal frameworks
Why use our Environmental Performance team?
Implementing an effective environmental management system to a certified standard is a specialism that can take a lot of time and resource away from your daily operations. Our team has worked with several local authorities and other public sector bodies and understands the complexities of operating a large and diverse organisation, allowing us to work effectively alongside you to tackle your environmental challenges head on.
We’ll take time getting to know you and understand how your organisation operates and build a system that works for you, meeting your legal obligations whilst giving you and your stakeholders confidence in your commitment to tackling environmental issues.
If you are interested in finding out how we can reduce the impact of your business on the environment and save you money, please get in touch using the contact details on the right.