You may be eligible for funding to support your home improvements. For more information on the specific home improvements that we can offer, visit our Energy Saving Measures page.
Bristol’s Bright Green Homes Project
To continue supporting our delivery of low carbon, energy efficiency measures for homes across the city, Bristol City Council, working in partnership with North Somerset Council and Bath and Northeast Somerset Council, has secured more funding through the government’s Home Upgrade Grant.
Our Bright Green Homes project will fund and support eligible households to install a range of insulation and low carbon technologies including:
- External Wall Insulation
- Cavity Wall Insulation
- Loft Insulation
- Underfloor Insulation
- Air source heat pump
- Solar PV
- Double glazing and energy efficient doors
Our wide range of energy saving measures are available to households who meet the following eligibility criteria:
- A combined annual household income of £30,000 per year or under
- A valid Energy Performance Certificate with a rating of D, E, F or G
- The property must not use gas central heating*
- You must live in BCC, BANES or NSC areas.
* This phase of the scheme is only open to people who use solid fuel or electric heating systems.
This project is due to end by March 2023 and this funding is limited and in high demand, so please complete our registration questionnaire using the button below as soon as possible.
Once you’ve completed the questionnaire, our team will be in touch to confirm your eligibility for the project and discuss the next steps.
Energy Company Obligation (ECO)
Energy Company Obligation (ECO) was launched in 2013 to help make energy saving measures, such as heating systems and insulation affordable for householders.
ECO has two eligibility routes:
- Home Heating Cost Reduction Obligation (HHCRO) is the ECO funding stream that supports vulnerable homeowners and private renting tenants in receipt of certain state benefits claim funding towards the cost of energy efficient measures.
- ECO Flexible eligibility helps householders who are not HHCRO eligible but who are living on a low income and are vulnerable to the effects of living in a cold home claim funding towards the cost of energy efficient measures. Local Authorities create the eligibility for ECO flex in the form of a Statement of Intent. The Statement of Intent for Bristol City Council can be found here.
To find out if you are eligible for funding towards the cost of improving the energy efficiency of your home, please contact us on 0117 352 1180 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Homeowner Energy Loans
In addition to funding, there are affordable finance options available for home improvements. To support with the cost of an energy efficiency measure, there are loans up to £15,000 that you can apply for.
Energy loans for owner-occupiers and private landlords
To get this type of energy loan you must:
- have enough equity in your property to cover the agreed loan
- agree to pay back the outstanding balance if you move home
The maximum loan available is £15,000. There’s a fixed interest rate of 4%.
Contact us at 0117 352 1180 or email@example.com today to find out more information and how you can apply.